Let there be snow… and some deals!
Apparently there’s 71 days between me and my adventure. I think I’m going to start having something like that “senioritis” feeling you get in high school once I’m at less than 30, but I’ll have to come up with a cool name for it. Snowitis? Winteritis?
Anyways, the planning has continued and now that the ski season has officially started (1887 miles from me of course – fail), I figured it was time to actually discuss actual lift ticket prices and how to keep epic adventures a bit more affordable.
So, below is a lovely list that sums up all the deals I’ve found and will be using. Together, it appears I’ll be able to tackle 35 days of snowboarding at 35 different ski areas for about $1500. Not bad considering the average price of a ticket these days is around $65. Be sure to click on each link as they all lead to pages with a bunch of other deals on other days!
- Attitash & Wildcat: Buy a lift ticket through Liftopia and then use the awesome full day transferrable ticket feature offered by the partnered resorts. I got my ticket for $40 to Wildcat, so it’s Wildcat in the morning Jan 6th and Attitash in the afternoon.
- Bolton Valley: Liftopia ticket for $20 on December 24th. Can’t think of anything else I rather be doing on Christmas Eve!
- Bretton Woods: Purchasing voucher from my local snowboard shop, Snowboard Jones, for $60 (one of the many vouchers they offer)
- Cannon Mountain: $35 NH Wednesday. Just need to bring my ID… and money of course.
- Cranmore: Purchasing voucher from my local snowboard shop, Snowboard Jones, for $52 (one of the many vouchers they offer)
- Crotched: Midnight Madness for $35 with college ID
- Dartmouth Skiway: $20 Mondays and Thursdays
- Granite Gorge: $20 College ID half day price
- Gunstock: Liftopia ticket for $24
- Jay Peak: Have a season pass to another resort? Bring it along and get a discounted ticket for $49
- Killington: K57 tickets. $57 only available until October 20th
- Magic Mountain: Ride & Ski Card weekday price of $25
- Mount Sunapee: $45 Magic Monday… or $55 Ladies’ Tuesday (comes with a lunch buffet)
- Mt. Abram: Ride & Ski Card weekday price of $25
- Okemo Mountain: NH Sunday Morning (with ID) for $35
- Pico: $29 NH Friday (with ID)
- Ragged: I’m a season pass holder (best deal possible really), but check out the rest of the daily deals
- Saddleback Maine: Ride & Ski Card price of $45
- Smugglers’ Notch: JumpOnIt (website like Groupon or LivingSocial) for $36
- Sugarbush: JumpOnIt (website like Groupon or LivingSocial) for $39 (good for any mid-week day)
- Sugarloaf: Check out their lodging packages. A group of us in going up right before Christmas for $130 a person for 2 nights and 2 days of snowboarding. A normal 2-day pass is $144 alone.
- Waterville: Play Hard Pat’s Tuesdays or Temperature Tuesdays – The first one is all about paying a price that matches the opponents score during a Patriot’s game. So if they win 38-7, you pay $7. Temperature Tuesday starts up after football season is over. You pay the price for the predicted high temp of the day. Minimum of $10 and maximum of $32!
- Whaleback: Sunday mornings for $15!
I’m still on the lookout for deals to the following, so if you know of anything – let me know!
- Berkshire East
- Bromley Mountain
- Loon Mountain
- Mount Snow
- Pats Peak
- Shawnee Peak
- Sunday River
Keep thinking snow. It’s coming. =)