Who’s behind Tenders & Trails?
That would be me – Jillian Bejtlich. I’m a lifelong New Englander with a serious love of the outdoors, adventure, and a pretty serious inability to sit still. I’m plagued by the travel bug, and it seems I’ll try any relatively sane and safe thing once. My goal in life is to get people outside and loving it.
What’s Tenders & Trails all about?
Tenders & Trails is focused on promoting New England’s great outdoors and adventures. Contrary to popular belief we have more than outlets and lobsters, and I’m hoping to help change that perception review by review. We have everything from sky diving to white water rafting to ice climbing, and it’s time to share just how awesome we are.
What’s up with the name? Tenders… as in chicken?
Yes, as in chicken tenders. This whole adventure started out with an eight week sabbatical focused on the great ski areas of New England therefore giving the ‘Trails’ part of the name. To make the reviews a bit more humorous and interesting, I decided to review my fall back meal at every ski area: chicken tenders. So it only seemed logical to call my reviews Tenders & Trails.
Want to know more about me?
I’ll give it my best in list form. Bear with me…
- You know that term ‘jack of all trades’, well I’m a ‘jill of all trades’.
- I like to metal work (welding and black smithing).
- I have a Siberian Husky named Yuri who is a rescue from Mississippi. I also have an Alaskan Malamute named Kina who is from the VT/Canadian border. Both love snow more than anything.
- I spent all of 2010 actually sticking to the ‘Yes Man’ challenge. I said ‘yes’ to every reasonable relatively safe and sane thing that came my way and it made for quite the year. Funny though… it hasn’t really stopped and I think it’s going to make for quite the decade.
- I’m married to the perfect outdoor partner, so I’m lucky. We met each other through floor hockey, and have introduced each other to a variety of outdoor activities through the years. We’re both snowboarders, rock climbers, and kayakers.
I am totally keen on collaboration whether it’s reviewing products, venues, or experiences. As long as it’s something related to the outdoors or something that the outdoor audience would be interested in, I’m game!
I’ve done a number of reviews so far ranging from kayaks to ski areas to whitewater rafting journeys. All have been well received by readers and almost always rank highly in search results. If you think my blog might be a good place for a review about what you have to offer, let me know!
Please feel free to contact me (for any reason at all) at JBejtlich (at) gmail (dot) com. Looking forward to hearing from you!